الأحد، 24 أغسطس 2008

Day Four - part 2


We talked about concept maps and the instructor asked two students one from the women’s group and the other from the men’s group to draw a concept map then played a game to draw a word. Then he taught us how to add graphic organizers in mword.

By using a concept map the teacher will know how students think. It can be used as a pre-test before a test or a certain topic. Even if students bring out ideas that are not related it is a good idea to write it down on wb but out side the concept map.

Benefits of concept maps:
Easy to change if used with portable papers or electronic chart.

Not all sts learn in the same way. Some learn by texts some by visuals.

Talking time (2 mints)
What mind maps you already use?
F5 + ctrl to refresh the blog

It is surprisingly how children enjoy mind maps . we have to present it in a creative way before presenting it to chidren.. we can break the routine by making them move to hang their mind maps.



We can make mind map at beginning, middle and end to make a record of any changes.

Eg. Inspiration in math (a chidren version kidspiration)

We opened the program inspiration trial version.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mind_mapping_software
look at mind map programs that you can use in your class.

We will download the program then make a curriculum based mindmap.

We can download the free trial version copy of the inspiration program from the site

http://www.inspiration.com/

My colleage mariam made a cute mindmap you can check it on her blog.
My clolleage shareefa made a mind map about parts of words.

Mind meister site

http://www.mindmeister.com/

What is interesting is that you can more than one computer to do one mindmap

Time for reflection and blogging

We opened some interesting sites concerning mindmaps.

How to post your mind map

There is a trick

Select all + copy
Paste in paint
Save it
Then upload it in the blog with the usual way

How to edit the picture

Click on top
Alt+print screen (on usual comp)
Alt+print screen + fn (in a laptop)

Note: I had to compromise between my work and the college I talked to Mrs. Annalessa. I found her to be very lovely and understanding of my situation and offered that I leave early at 12 pm but then I thought that I have no means of transportation which made me ask one of my colleagues to drop me on her way at ZU.

My final decision was to stay for the two sessions either way non of the faculty members and most of the staff would be in dubai for the convocation. But it was worth it to meet with Mrs. Analyessa and saw her point of view. So the issue've been resolved.

ليست هناك تعليقات: